Cialis side effects
Cialis, known generically as tadalafil, is a medication primarily used to treat erectile dysfunction and benign prostatic hyperplasia. As with most medications, Cialis has potential side effects. It's always crucial to be aware of these when considering or using the drug. Here are the common, less common, and rare side effects associated with Cialis:
Common Side Effects:
These are side effects that may occur in a significant number of users but are usually mild and temporary.
- Headache: This is one of the most common side effects and can vary in intensity.
- Indigestion or heartburn.
- Flushing: Warmth or redness in the face, neck, or chest.
- Back pain: This can occur between 12 to 24 hours after taking the medication and can decrease after about two days.
- Stuffy or runny nose.
- Muscle aches: Similar to back pain, this can occur 12 to 24 hours after taking the drug.
Less Common Side Effects:
These side effects are less frequent but should still be noted.
- Changes in vision: This includes seeing a blue tinge on objects or having difficulty telling the difference between blue and green.
- Hearing loss or ringing in the ears.
Rare but Serious Side Effects:
These are infrequent but can be severe. If you experience any of these, it's essential to seek medical attention immediately.
- Erection that won't go away (priapism): If an erection lasts longer than 4 hours, this can damage the penis. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
- Sudden loss of vision: This could indicate a condition called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
- Sudden loss or decrease in hearing.
- Chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or a heart attack.
- Shortness of breath.
- Fainting or lightheadedness.
- Swelling in the hands, ankles, or feet.
- A rash.
- Bleeding from the nose.
Interactions with Other Medications:
It's essential to note that Cialis can interact with other medications, especially nitrates, leading to a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure. Always provide your doctor with a list of all medications you're taking to prevent potential drug interactions.
While many users of Cialis do not experience severe side effects, being aware of potential risks and monitoring any changes after taking the medication is critical. Always consult with a healthcare professional regarding any concerns or if side effects persist or worsen.